I’m teaming up with a colleague from Alaska and the AASHE crew to present this webinar on STARS in the curriculum. See details below from the STARS website, and register for the event.
Integrating STARS into Course Curricula
Tuesday, June 21
RSVP for this event.
There are many approaches that an institution may take while collecting data for STARS. Using STARS as a teaching tool in the classroom engages students not only in data collection, but also in discussion about the topics addressed in each STARS credit. This webinar will give an overview of the approach taken by STARS Liaisons to incorporate STARS into classes on their campuses.
This webinar will include:
- Details of the course design.
- Information on achieving approval for a course on STARS.
- The role of the students taking the course.
- Next steps now that the semester has concluded.
This webinar will feature the following presenters:
- Jillian Buckholz, STARS Program Coordinator, AASHE
- Michele Hebert, Director, Office of Sustainability, University of Alaska, Fairbanks
- Jesse Pyles, Sustainability Coordinator, Unity College